What Information Do We Collect from Users that visit our blog, website or app?
The information We collect may include
- Identifiers, like:
- Date of Birth
- Contact information, such as
- Mailing Address
- Phone Number
- E-mail Address
- Government-issued identification numbers
- Health information, such as medical history, medications, and symptoms.
- Financial information, such as credit card number.
- Geolocation information, like physical location and movements, that You provide to Us either by submitting such information through the Site or through location features on your mobile device or internet browser.
- Internet activity, like browsing history, search history, and information about Your interaction with a website or advertisement.
How Do We Collect Personal Information?
We collect personal identification information that You provide to us when You:
- Sign up to use the Site or receive a newsletter
- Respond to a survey
- Fill out a form
- Submit or provide content
- Make in-app phone calls or emails
- Engage in other activities, services, features or resources We make available on the Site that request Your information
- Make a purchase
What Information is Automatically Collected?
We collect certain information automatically, including:
- The IP address of the computer or other device that You are using.
- The browser name and the type of computer or another device that You are using;
- Technical information about Your computer or other device, such as the operating system and the Internet service provider You are using, and other similar information.
This information is not generally considered personally identifiably unless it is combined with Your account information, contact information, or other information that is unique to You. We may combine this information with Your account username, contact information, other account information, or other unique information to provide the services that You have requested, to troubleshoot problems, or to provide better service to You or other Users.
We also collect information from other sources, including social media and data aggregators.
Device Identifiers, Cookies, and Other Tracking
How Do We Use This Information?
- To provide services to You.
- We use the information You provide to us to provide the services You have requested.
- To improve customer service.
- Information You provide helps us respond to Your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To improve user experience.
- We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on the Site.
- To improve the Site.
- We may use feedback You provide to improve our products and services.
- To operate a feature of the Site, and to provide information of interest to Users.
- To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics We think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails.
- We may use the email address User has provided to Us to send User information and updates pertaining to their appointment. It may also be used to respond to User inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, We include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
- To promote Atlas Organics Labs, and our partners’, products and services that We think You would be interested in.
- We may promote services that Users may be interested in.
- For the purposes specified at the time of collection.
- There may be other purposes that are specified when the information is collected.
- As content on the Site, when uploaded by You or with Your permission.
- We may permit You to upload pictures or comments to the Site, including reviews regarding the Site.
- As otherwise required or permitted by law.
- There may be times when the law permits or requires Us to use information for other purposes.
How Do We Protect Your Information?
We have implemented reasonable safeguards that help assure that We commit to collect, process, and use personal information in accordance with applicable laws. We keep personal information in an encrypted state, whether at rest or in transit. However, it is not possible to keep data encrypted when it is in use, and it is not possible to guarantee that any transfer of information over the Internet or electronic data storage is 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of Your information. While We have implemented security measures, you transmit data, including personal information, to Us at Your own risk.
How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
We retain personally identifiable information only if it is needed for permissible business purposes, as required by law, and in accordance with record retention policies. Upon expiration of the retention period, personally identifiable information is disposed of in a secure manner.
How Do We Share Your Personal Information?
We may share, sell, trade, or rent Your personal information listed above to others, including technology platforms and the laboratories that process the tests on the collected specimens, as necessary to provide requested testing services. Users agree that their anonymized information may be used by Us and other third parties for market research and other purposes. We may re-identify anonymized data.
If You do not want Your data to be sold or used for marketing, you must advise Atlas Organics by selecting the “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” link on the Site.
We may share the personal information listed above about Users of the Site:
- With our customers, trusted affiliates, and advertisers to help provide services that are described above.
- With third party service providers that help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf.
- With data aggregators.
- With companies that provide services to us, such as hosting services and the Site stores.
- With companies that are disclosed to You at the time You provide the Information.
When We share personal information for a business purpose, we enter into an agreement that sets forth the purpose of the sharing of personal information and that the recipient must keep that personal information confidential and not use it for purposes other than performance of the contract.
California Residents: What Rights Do You Have Regarding Your Personal Information?
When it comes to personal information, You have rights. This includes:
- You have the right to request information regarding the categories of information that have been collected about You, the purpose for collecting or selling that information, the categories of third parties with whom the information has been shared; and the specific data that has been collected.
- You have the right to have information corrected if You think it is misleading or incorrect, if You can tell us why it is incorrect.
- You may request that We delete personal information that relates to You if We are not required to keep it for legal reasons.
- You may request We do not sell Your information.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us [HERE] (include an email address or link to a portal for such requests and a phone number). We will confirm receipt of your request and ask you to confirm your identity in order to fulfill these requests. If you would like someone else to make such a request on your behalf, they may do so [HERE].
We will not discriminate against You if You exercise any of Your rights.
Third Party Links
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not endorse the products of those companies, do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites, or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies. We encourage You to read the terms and policies of any third-party site or service You navigate to.
Protecting Children’s Privacy
The Site is intended to be used by individuals over the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years of age. If We become aware that We have collected personal information from a child under 13 years of age, we will promptly remove such information. If You believe we have collected information from Your child, please notify us through “Contact Us”.
California Do Not Track Notice
Many internet browsers have “Do Not Track” features which, when turned on, send a signal (the “DNT signal”) to the websites a user visits that indicates the use does not want to be tracked. Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret DNT signals, and there is no common definition of “tracking”, We do not currently respond to DNT signals on the Site.
Your California “Shine the Light” Privacy Rights
Upon Your request, submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org, We will advise You of any categories of personal information that We disclose to third parties, and (to the extent We know) whether those third parties use that information for their direct marketing purposes. If We provide Your personal information to a third party, We do not allow that third party to use that information for marketing their services, unless You have consented to that use.
Updating Your Information
If Your information needs to be updated, corrected, or deleted, please notify us at email@example.com. Your personal information can only be deleted in accordance with our data retention policy, and as permitted by law. Further, personal information may remain in databases, access logs, backup media, and other records. We cannot update or remove information from records of third parties.
The content provided by and made available on the Site is for general information purposes only and is in no way intended to be a substitute for medical consultation with a qualified professional. We strongly encourage internet users to be careful when using medical information. If You are unsure about Your medical condition, consult a physician. Although We carefully review our content, Atlas Organics Labs cannot guarantee or take responsibility for the medical accuracy of the content We provide, nor can We accept any liability for the content of information that is available through the Site.
While We attempt to keep the Site updated, neither We nor any employee or contractor warrants the accuracy, reliability, or timeliness of any information published on the Site or any website that links to or is linked from our Site. Neither Atlas Organics Labs, any subsidiary or affiliate, nor any employee, owner, director, trustee, employee, or contractor shall be held liable for any losses caused by reliance on the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of such information. Any person or entity that relies on any information obtained using this Site does so at his or her own risk. While We exert reasonable efforts to maintain the privacy and security of all information that is accessible, or accessed, through the Site, all Users acknowledge that electronic information is susceptible to unauthorized access, and that such information may be used, disclosed, modified or corrupted without authorization or unintentionally.
LIMITATION ON LIABILITY
THE SITE IS PROVIDED AS-IS, WITH ALL FAULTS. ATLAS ORGANICS LABS HEREBY DISCLAIMS, ON BEHALF OF ITSELF AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES AND ITS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, TRUSTEES, OWNERS AND CONTRACTORS (“ATLAS ORGANICS LABS INDEMNITEES”), ANY WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. THE ATLAS ORGANICS LABS INDEMNITEES WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIMS, CHARGES, DEMANDS, DAMAGES, LIABILITIES, LOSSES OR EXPENSES OF WHATEVER NATURE AND HOWSOEVER ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE SITE OR THESE TERMS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO COMPENSATORY, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, HOWSOEVER ARISING INCLUDING THROUGH NEGLIGENCE, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF DATA OR OTHER INFORMATION, LOSS OF INCOME OR PROFIT, LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES OR OTHER LOSSES OF ANY KIND OR CHARACTER, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSSES. TO THE EXTENT LIABILITY CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR DISCLAIMED, OUR LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO PROVEN DIRECT DAMAGES NOT TO EXCEED $5.00 USD.
Each User shall defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Atlas Organics Labs Indemnitees from and against any loss, damage, claim, charge, demand, liability, or expense arising from or related to the use or failure to use the Site by such User, include costs related to introduction of viruses or other malware or a breach of privacy or security of the Site.
International Access; Acceptance of Policy
Individuals in the European Economic Area
The European Union (EU) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provides individuals in the European Economic Area with the following rights:
- To access the personal data We maintain about You
- To receive information about how We process Your personal data
- To correct Your personal data
- To have Your personal data erased
- To object to or restrict how We process Your personal data
- To request Your personal data be transferred to a third party
- To withdraw any consent You may have given Atlas Organics to process Your personal data
- To exercise the above rights, please contact Atlas Organics at the information provided below. We will consider and process Your request within a reasonable period of time. Please be aware under certain circumstances, the GDPR may limit Your exercise of these rights.
Please note that Atlas Organics does not maintain any type of establishment in the EU, and does not direct or target individuals located in the EU. Atlas Organics is not directly subject to the GDPR, and maintains its data processing activities in the United States, which may not offer the same protection as GDPR.
156 B Magnolia Street
Spartanburg, SC 29306
This document was last updated on September 7, 2022.